Friday, August 3, 2012

For My Feathered Friends ~ Feathered Nest Friday





















Hand painted "Welcome" & pretty Birdhouses

Can you believe it's already the first week of August!!
Summer has flown by!
It's been very HOT!  I usually enjoy gardening but, this year... not so much.
My gardens didn't do very well and the grass suffered even more.  The shaded areas and potted plants did okay.  Thank goodness for the hardy plants like Hostas and Hens & Chicks.
It's been so hot and dry that the birds have been hiding out.  I noticed more birds taking refuge inside my birdhouses.  I love birdhouses!  They look great in the garden and are functional, too.
I painted the birdhouses and "Welcome" sign.  My husband made the shelf from left over fence pickets.  I made the rose wreath (hanging under the shelf) with left overs from previous projects.
I've been keeping the birdbaths full of water, too..... for the birds and the squirrels.
I am usually very sad to see summer come to an end.  This year.....  I can hardly wait for Fall.  Hopefully things will cool down and recover.
Have a great weekend!

Linking with
Fishtail Cottage
for
Cottage Garden Party

and

French Country Cottage
for

4 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Your garden is still lovely,Liz,even though it's suffered in the heat. I hope it all cools down for you soon. xxoo

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love your shabby birdhouse corner, it is adorable. Keep cool, it's hard to do with all of this heat!

~Shanon

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your birdhouse project is just delightful! It has been hot but I am still not ready for fall!