Monday, November 5, 2012

Fabulously French ~ Globe de Mariee Couronne






French Globe de Mariee Bridal Couronne

Isn't this one of the most beautiful antique French pieces you have ever seen!!!
I LOVE antique wedding and bridal pieces and was ecstatic when I found this one.  
This is a 19th Century French Globe de Mariee Bridal Couronne.  It is covered in beautiful pink porcelain roses, wax flowers and gilded leaves.  It has four little mirrors and the seat is covered in red velvet tufting.
These displays were given to a bride to display her wedding mementos......  such as her wedding tiara (usually waxed blossoms with ribbon), maybe the grooms boutonniere or a Mothers corsage, part of her wedding bouquet and wedding photos.  After marriage..... her children's hair clippings were displayed. Each one of the flowers, doves, and mirrors have a different and special meaning.
This one no longer has it's glass globe cover......  but, I love it anyway!
I found this lovely piece on Etsy via Vanna's Armoire.
Couldn't resist sharing.

Have a wonderful week!

Linking with 

Timewashed for Blissful Whites Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
and 
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!

6 comments:

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

This is one is adorable. Even without the globe. And very French. Every grandmother around here had her "globe de mariée" on her buffet!

mypinkprettiesaboutme said...

I love this piece and the sentiment. Thx for the history lesson as well. I had never seen or heard of one before.

Thx for sharing

ML

Warm Heart Bears said...

What a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing this. I love your blog and am a new follower!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi, I am your newest follower. I love your french globe! Even without the glass dome it is still a great find! I hope you will come and visit me on my blog. Gina

Ivy and Elephants said...

Such a beautiful and elegant piece! The pretty pink roses are just divine!
Thanks so much for linking up and sharing it with us at Ivy and Elephants. I couldn't resist featuring it!
Hugs,
Patti

lvroftiques said...

Why YES! Yes it is absolutely gorgeous!! I want it back Now! Send it back to me! LOL! Thank you so much for the shout out girlfriend. I'm so glad you love it! *winks* Vanna